Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hiccup in the Road


Due to my family history of breast cancer my doctor has asked me to start getting mammograms at the age of 30.  I should mention that my amazingly strong mother beat stage 4 breast cancer at the ripe old age of 28-29. (Sorry mom, felt i should mention that) Well, here I am, about to turn 31 (in April) and so I have put it off long enough right? So I went to get my first mammogram on January 29th, five days after our adoption orientation.  Two days later they called to ask me to come back for another mammogram and possible sonogram.  Well the waiting began.  I went back in a week later on Feb. 5th.  While I was there, they decided that I would need to do a biopsy to make sure what they had found was not cancerous.  Of course this was scheduled a week after that, Monday, Feb. 11th.  They told me that from there I would not have the results for about 48 hours.  I got the phone call yesterday to let us know that the biopsy turned out benign and I don't have cancer.  I can't tell you the relief that overwhelmed Nate and I.  You see, I have not questioned God's plan, we know that whatever that plan is, it will be for the best.  This little hiccup has just reiterated a few things for us...
#1 God is in control
#2 We are one blessed family for many reasons
#3 We have some pretty amazing family and friends who were there for us and prayed with us a long the way
Can't say enough thanks to God and all of you.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment