Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Choosing Adoption


In the short time we have been going through the adoption process I have noticed that a lot of people have asked why. Which is a question that I don't mind answering at all. In fact, I really like answering this question. I want to make it clear that Nate and I are adopting because we truly want to adopt. We want to love and raise another child. We feel that there are A LOT of kids coming into this world that need a loving family. We are that, a loving family that wants to grow. We are choosing to have the experience of adoption because we think it is a wonderful and amazing thing. I cannot say enough how brave any woman is, that becomes pregnant unexpectedly, and chooses to make an adoption plan for her child. I will be forever greatful to our future birth mother for her hard decision and sacrifice. Ever since we were turned down from Gladney for being fertile I have been thinking about this concept. Gladney's reasoning made sense, the birth mother's (often times) would rather their child go to a family that is longing for a child and is unable to have one, specifically a first child. Nate and I are choosing adoption, because we want to adopt just as badly as we wanted to have Owen. I would also like to say that I truly feel for any couple struggling with infertility. I am not saying that people who are infertile and choose to adopt only do it because it is there second choice. I don't believe that is the case, I just believe that adoption is a wonderful and amazing experience that anyone wanting and able, should experience. I do not know what it might feel like to be in that situation and would never wish that kind of pain on anyone. I just want to reiterate that anyone who chooses adoption no matter which way they do it should be encouraged and supported. I believe that God wants us to support the orphans whether it's through fostering, adopting, volunteering, financially, or another way.  I hope I did a good job of explaining our feelings, kind of a hard blog to write.
James 1:27

5 comments:

  1. LOVE!!!! I will put you in my list of prayers- God has placed this in your heart for a purpose and I pray that the every step of this for you is as exciting, scary, and welcoming as it was when expecting and waiting for Owen. Keep us posted!!
    Aidee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Aidee we would love your prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I will be praying for you guys and your growing family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lexi, I am also enjoying your blog. I have worked with a lot of children with autism and am so glad you are creating more awareness! I am planning on "following" your blog as soon as my nontech savvy self figures out how;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Jackie- I am in the same boat! I was just trying to figure out how to follow yours when I read this!

    ReplyDelete